Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Verve Challenge Card 3


Hello Everyone!

I finished another card - that leaves one more to complete by Friday night. Since DH has bowling night tomorrow I think I can finish this challenge. I made this card pretty simple. I haven't figured out exactly what's necessary. Do they want to see simplicity, ornate, detail, or color? Remember that each card must follow a sketch and then a twist is added. For this card the twist was monotone. For me it was hard to determine which color to choose. I flopped between pinks and greens and settled on the greens. I wish I had the Verve flower from the Meditations set but I didn't so I improvised and used this floral medalion from Inque Boutique.

I struggled with the choice to add ribbon and take away from the DP or leave it simple. In the end I left it clear of brads and ribbon. I don't think I would do that very often though - the card looks naked.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by. It's over the hump day - whoo hoo. More of the week is over than is left. I can't wait for Friday.

Cathy

Card Details:

Stamps:
Ecpressions by Inkadinkado, Nightengale by Inque Boutique
Paper: martha Stewart DP, The Paper Studio cardstock
Ink: VersaMagic Tea Leaves
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, paper piercing tool and template, Kaiser self adhesive pearls, dimensionals

No comments: