Saturday, February 7, 2009

Man's Best Friend


I had an idea in my head for a Valentine's Day card for a young dog lover I know. I started to search my favorite blogs for a layout and came across Jen del Muro's sketch for you to try (SFYTT). I've never done one and decided that it would be perfect for this card.

I love the way the red, black and white all come together. Amy Rhol from Ink About Me uses the same color scheme here and she gave me the idea to frame the dog who comes bearing his heart. Too cute.

I found the Black Velvet Flocked Floral paper from the Paper Company on clearace at Michaels the last time I was home. It was dirt cheap at $.14 for a 12x12 page. I think that I bought 5 because it was such a bargain. The red swirl paper for the frame came from Lizzie's shop about 2 years ago. It's not marked so I can't give you any help there.


And here's a look at the inside, I realy like the way the card is finished off by bringing the colors and papers from the front full circle to the main sentiment panel inside...




Card Details:

Size: 5 inch square
Paper: The Paper Company; Black Velvet Flocking as well as the plain cardstock, Red Swirl Paper unknown
Stamps: Hero Arts; Happy Day Animals, SU; Love Ya Bunches
Ink: Black StazOn
Accessories: Black Gross Grain ribbon; Offray, Nestabilites classic and scalloped hearts, Cuttlebug Tiny Tag die, Quick Cuts Flourish (trimmed from the 12x2), Swarovski red crystals, water pen (to color in the dog), dimensionals


Have a great night!

Cathy

No comments: