Sunday, February 1, 2009

Valentine's Cards


Had a great time making Valentine's on Saturday. Thought you might like to take a peak at what we made. Of course, the downfall to posting to this blog is that you might be previewing the card I later send your way!

The first is a card layout I cased from newest Splitcoasterstampers Dirty Dozen Design Team member, Becca Feeken. I feel in love with the Martha Stewart border punch she used - Valentine Lace. I went to great lengths to get it - thank you Auntie! As you know, I have few places to find papercrafting supplies in my neck of the woods. I tried Martha's on-line store but she has very few punches available there. Amazon had the punch for $40 and that seemed a little steep for me. Michael's is quite a trek to get to but I called every one in a 60 mile radius and none had it. So, I had a thought and tried all the stores back in Rochester, NY and low and behold I found two. After a quick call to my Aunt and a two day mailer pack I had the beautiful punch in hand. Love it!!!

Are you enjoying the search and shopping adventure stories yet? Don't worry - I'm sure I've got a few more up my sleeve.

Card Details:

Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 tall
Sentiment Stamp: SU Love Matters
Paper: Textured Cardstock from JoAnn's and some random pink heart paper I bought when I first started scrapbooking about 10 years ago!
Accessories: Nestabilities scalloped hearts and classic hearts, Martha Stewart Valentine Lace border punch, SU Word Window punch, ribbon - Christmas clearance from Hobby Lobby 10 yds for $1.60 (yeah!!)

Simple but sweet...





My second card was meant to be less frilly so that it could be sent to the boys! It was quite simple and easy to make in mass numbers.

Card Details:

Size: 4 1/4 inch square
Stamps: SU Love Ya Bunches, Hero Arts - Who Loves You
Paper: The Paper Company - JoAnn's
Accessories: Nestabilities classic large circles, large scalloped circles, classic hearts, Cuttlebug Spots and Dots embossing folder, ribbon - Michael's

Hope you enjoy!

Have a great week.
Cath

3 comments:

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, both cards are great. When I first saw the Martha punch in the stores, I thought it was too fussy and over the top for me, but it perfect and beautiful on your card. I love the ribbon.

MoniKa said...

Hey! Love the Blog...b/c of you I have started my Nestie collection, thank you!!!! I can't wait to see what you have next.

Justin said...

Yea thats my card no biggie. Thanks for the card Cath, Love ya Bunches... it just fit so well.