Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thinking of You

 


I love lazy Sunday mornings.

It's in the solitude of the morning that I often get to make a card and now share with you. I made this for a friend that was a little under the weather. I indulged in the BasicGrey DP last week. It's from the Figgy Pudding Collection Pack and is called Red Ryder. It's basically a holiday pack but I loved the red, green, and torquoise hues that were in it.

I bought the stamp about 3 years ago when The Stamp Pad was going out of business but I've never used it. I loved it at the time - still do, but I could never think of a way to use it. I thought the rose bush would be suitable for the rich red of the DP that caught my eye.

I'm still trying out blending and coloring techniques with my Copic Markers. My second attempt at this was better than my first so I gave away card number two and kept card one for another occassion.

Card Details:

Size: 5 1/2 inch tall x 4 1/4
Stamps: SU Warmest Regards, Stampa Rosa
Paper: AC Cardstock, BasicGrey Figgy Pudding DP - Red Ryder
Ink: Brown StazOn
Accessories: Nestabilities oval and scalloped oval, MS punch, Ivory grosgrain ribbon from Michaels, inside brads Spare Parts from The Paper Studio, Copic Markers

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Cath
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

lizzy giggs said...

Wow! I love this card! You sure have become a wonderful stamp artist! I only wish that I had seen your blog sooner!