Sunday, September 12, 2010

Holiday Wishes

This week's holiday card uses Stamping Bella's Candy Jar with Holly image. This neat little stamp also comes with two holiday sentiments as well.



Who can go through the holiday season without putting a candy jar out? I know it can be my diet downfall. It's so easy to stop by and pick one out. Then you stop back for another and before you know it it's hard to stop. My favorite holiday treat is definately Peanut Brittle. Grandma Soporito always made a tradition of hunting for the blanched peanuts and making batches of this treat to share with everyone. Thank goodness my mother has the recipe and continues the tradition.

Back to the card. Today I did clean and simple. No stitching because I wanted a card that could be duplicated quite easily. Coloring was done with Copic markers. The candy swirls were added with a white Sakura Glaze pen. I left this without alot of extra shading and simply added Swarkovski red crystals and a fine silk ribbon tied into a bow as my only embellishments. The design paper is K&Company. There are two new 12x12 packs out there that I've seen so far so check through them before you quick grab one.

Don't forget to check the Bella blog...Emily should be posting the submissions from last week's Bellarific Friday challenge. I can't wait to see what everyone did.

Hope you have a great week.

Cath

2 comments:

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

What an adorable image!! I love the pp you used too! I'm a sucker for a candy bowl - and right now I have one with Tootsie Rolls in it! I've eaten FOUR today!!
DOH!
Maria

paula tracy williamson said...

hahaha, keep a candy dish out and see how many times you can NOT stick your hand in it while you are moving and cleaning. At least it would also be that you were burning off the calories...lol You have such a nice little shadow going there sister, under that jar...good going. It's not a jar of flufy divinity candy, so it'snot floating around, above the table! My aunt and uncle used to keep peanut brittle out and those Brachs candies that were shapped like peanuts....hard candies, not those circus peanuts that are orange! Those were my favs1 I am a 'nut' for anything flavored with peanut butter!!