Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Birthday Boy!

I love when cards just come together. My nephew has a birthday he's celebrating this weekend and he's no longer in the cutesy age bracket. What to do? No coloring, no ribbons, no bows...I pulled out the Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder and Nesties and went to work on stars. I love stars! They're uplifting and bright and make me think happy thoughts. So I went to work on stars.



Primary colors always work well so I grabbed a pack of paper by Making Memories that I've been hoarding for over a year now. It was on clearance at Target (go figure) and was all boy themed. With the aid of Sweet Stop Sketch #71 I quickly got the job done. My fellow Bella Babe, Dana, always uses these and I decided to give it a try. Love how easy it was to find just the right layout, put it together and go.

And I can't believe it but there wasn't any coloring or stamping on this card. The sentiment was computer generated as well as the inside. Take a peek here...



Woo Hoo - I'm not one for kits but this little set had all the components to make this work, including the scallop strip inside.

Have a great week everyone!

Cath


Paper: Making Memories 8x8 Big Kids Boy, cardstock - Bazzil
Sentiment: computer generated - font LD Traditional Print
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Circle Nesties, Star Nesties
Size: 6x5

2 comments:

ScrappyLin said...

Very cute. I actually like seeing one without the coloring--quick and easy for when you are late sending it out like I usally am.

paula tracy williamson said...

LOL, on your sissy's comment. NO coloring!! Bite your tongue Lin!! But, I agree, just don't spread the word. It's just so hard to come up with something that's not colored...it's an addiction!