Monday, September 20, 2010

Bed Bugs are In.

When my daughter was young, we visited one of the old barrack houses at a Fort in Upstate NY. It was there that we learned the meaning of "Don't let the bed bugs bite" and the next line "and if they do squish them with your shoe and God Bless you!" Yup we sing it all the time now - kind of rhymey and sing songy. You see, the old beds were stuffed with hay and the hay often harbored bugs. Thus - don't let the bed bugs bite was said each night. Can't believe that bed bugs are back!!! What the heck - in this day and age?



Today I have a bed bug to share with you that you might not mind getting. It's Bedbugg Huggabugg designed by Christy Croll for Stamping Bella. She was colored on Bella's Bestest paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics. I also added shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. A clear Glaze pen was used to make the spots of the bed spread shine. Love that! And glitter was applied to the wings and antenae with Quickie glue.

The image was cut with Nestabilities Circle and Scalloped Circle dies. The border was cut with a MFT Die-namics die. Design papers are from October Afternoon. A simple sheer ribbon from Mary Maxim was tied into a bow to finish this off. I even left it sentiment free which always feels naked to me. ACK!

Hope you aren't having problems with bed bugs in your neck of the woods.

Tomorrow is Tooosday - so don't for get to head over to the Stamping Bella Blog to see what's on special this week. I've seen rumors about a surprise on Wednesday as well. Woo Hoo.

Enjoy your week and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

5 comments:

ScrappyLin said...

Too cute, Cath. I really like the new die that you are using from MFT. It works so well with the big scalloped circles Nesty. The paper is beautiful too but please don't send this one to our house. We don't need any bed bugs :).

Pauline said...

Awe yes, I remember that 'bed bugs.... little saying, funny is, I still say it to my daughter occasionally (who turns 24 today!). Love your card, she is so cute. Hmm that MFT die - I need that!

Dana White said...

This is such a sweet little bed bug - love the shine on the polka dots

Amy Sheffer said...

Adorable! I hope this is the only kind of beg bug I ever run across!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember when Carly Jo was little. She and I would giggle in the evening as we were reciting the "bed-bug saying". Now, she's 24 and engaged. How did WE get so old???