Sunday, September 26, 2010

Flurry of Love

Hope you all are enjoying your weekends!!! I have been a stamping, teaching machine with my family. It's been fun but I think I needed 10 more hands to help with all their requests. One project I wanted to try was using my new MFT Pure Innocence stamp - Flurry of Love. I feel in love with her and with the colder months approaching I thought she might come in handy. With my family you would have thought that winter descended upon us this weekend. They all brought shorts, capri's and sandals because it was 85 on Friday but it was 48 when we left for church this morning. They were talking about winter coats. Silly girls!



I made a trip to Detroit a few weekends back to meet up with Paula and we made our way to Scrappy Chic. This was an adorable scrapbooking, papercrafting store. I found the most wonderful October Afternoon 12x12 paper called Very Jolly. Yummy pinks and snowflakes. I paired it with Graphic 45's new holiday 8x8 paper for some teal shading - besides, I thought it looked like a nice snowy night. Then I used Prism cardstock in teal shades for matting.

Coloring was done with copics so I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock. I added glitter with my Quickie Glue pen to set the winter scene. The hat needed some extra fluff so I applied Liquid Pearls and then glitter and I think it did the trick. A black Glaze pen gave some shine to the buttons down the coat. The sentiment comes with the image - another twobie (two for the price of one) Woo Hoo. I made it into a pennant and adhered it under a double felt snowflake from Stampin' Up! The teal brad is really a piece of plastic that Mary Maxim sold in a bag to fill jars with or bowls that hold candles etc. I thought it would be a cheap brad alternative since it was flat on the back side, they were plastic and they were on sale with a bag of about 500 for $3.00. Then I split it with a friend. Love finding craft supplies in the most unusual places.

The snowflake border was made using my new EK Success punch. Yes Scrappy Lin, I could find a use for a new punch. I love snowflakes - they can be used all winter long so I'm a sucker for every new product that comes out using them. Some maching stitching finished this off. Easy Peasy!

See ya a little later this week for another project I worked on this weekend! Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love love love it!