Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baby Cakes

Today's card uses Babycakes by Stamping Bella which I did just because...because I saw PaulaBella do this card that was fantastic, because I always need baby shower cards, because I just wanted to play with my pencils.



As it turned out, my sister needed a card for a friend of hers that just had a boy and this one fit the bill. Since I didn't have a gender or occasion in mind, I stuck to neutral shades of teal, yellow, some soft blues and pinks. That way this could have gone to just about anyone. I started with Neenah Classic Crest solar white cardstock and inked it up with Memento Tuxedo Black. Coloring was done with Prismacolor pencils blended with Gamsol.

I had just gotten the Thrift Shop 8x8 paper pad by October Afternoon, so I used that as my background. Matting was done with Bazzil black and Martha Stewart teal. The image was cut out with Circle and Blossom Nesties. The ribbon is also Martha Stewart. Since I didn't know what this was going to be used for, I left it without a sentiment - I rarely do this because I feel like it leaves a card naked but I think it worked out here.

Don't forget to hop on over to the Bella blog to see the Tantalizing Tooosday specials. Leaving a comment might just win you some Bella Bucks! And you still have time to make a card for this week's Bellarific Friday challenge - the theme is a sketch from Lindabella which you can find on my post here. Just send your card to Emily by Thursday night.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cath

2 comments:

Dana White said...

Cath this is fabulous - I must get this image!!

paula tracy williamson said...

baby cakes...you got the cutest little baby cakes! I can see shirley temple singing it now! Man, I LOVE this layout....I am using it this weekend watch out! haha perfect for a boy and just dahling sistah!