Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Baby Bella Pumpkin

I've been in a Halloween coloring mood and found this little cutie while searching Stamping Bella. So Baby Bella Pumpkin got some ink this weekend along with my new Boo sentiment.



I started with Bella's bestest paper and Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored him up with Copics. I didn't think he would look right with ground shading (sorry Paula) but I did add some shading around him with my prismacolor pencils shaded with gamsol. The sketch was one of Jen delMuro's SFYTT. I've seen quite a few artists using it and had an idea so I ran with it. You see, Paula had given me some adhesive cork that I hadn't used yet. I thought it would be great with all the fall colors. What d'ya think? I just cut circles using my Nesties. I also wanted a little pop so I added a little Sakura glaze pen to the eye, nose and mouth on the pumpkin face.

The paper on the bottom of the card came from a pack in Target's dollar bins last year. The dp on the circles is Basic Grey Erie and the top paper is a scrap from last year folks and I had cut the bottom off. Drat! Cardstock is Bazzil.

I've heard lots of talk of a surprise on the Stamping Bella blog so be sure to stop by and see what's up! Also you have until Thursday night to send Emily a picture of your card if you want to play in this week's Bellarific Friday challenge...piercing or sewing. Won't you join us?

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Baby bella pumpkin is adorable. Hmmm I don't ever remember seeing this on the website, better go have another browse and see what else I'm missing (lol). Great job with the sketch as well.

Amy Sheffer said...

Squeal!! LOVIN' this!!!