Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Who Me?

Hello folks! Today I have another Holiday Card to share with you. This is likely to make it's way into one of my children's mailboxes since it reminds me of them. A look of "I wasn't gonna it do it Mom" plastered on their faces. You're probably wondering what the heck I'm talking about so take a looksey.

This is Who Me? designed by Mo Manning but released in rubber through Stamping Bella. I just loved the detail in this image. That sure is one thing you can count on with a Mo Manning character.



I stamped him up on Bella's Bestest paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored him with Copics. I also broke the mold and did not add any prismacolor pencils. I didn't need to add ground since there were some lovely footprints and I liked the simple contrast of the stark white against the bright coloring. I didn't even want to clutter it up with stitching. I couldn't however, resist some glitter to help make the snow glisten. I also thought it would accent the background paper beautifully. Don't you just love it? I found it at Scrappy Chic with Paula about a month ago and had to have it. Paid an arm and a leg for one sheet but it was just too yummy to pass up. It's called Lost and Found by My Mind's Eye in case you feel the need to hunt it down.

Here's a closer look.



My finishing touch was two felt snowflakes from Stampin Up (I love snowflakes so I just bought 2 more packages from the clearance rack - never know when the three packs I have will be gone. He He.), a big red Swarkovski crystal and a scrap piece of red sheer ribbon.

You'll want to make your way to the Bella Blog today, Emily has a BIGGGGG release for us! I've seen a few sneak peaks on my fellow Babe's blogs so even I can't wait to check it out. You still have time to ink a Ketto up and get a card to Emily for this week's Bellariffic Friday challenge. Your deadline is Thursday.

Enjoy the rest of your week and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card, Cath. Gotta love those red chrystals! :)

Dana White said...

Cath he is super cute - love the innocent look on his face - I really must ink this one up!!

paula tracy williamson said...

eeeek, there are those GOJUSS crystals. This paper is stunning with this image and now maybe I should have gotten a piece! hehe This is super cute crafty cath!!

ScrappyLin said...

Sissy, I love the simplicity of this card and who can resist any MME paper? Certainly not me. If only they too sold 6 x 6 packs to make the girls' cards easier for them. They are loving having their own BG paper to use. Love it and I wish I had some of those snowflakes. I just reuse them from your cards!

Swildman said...

He is so stinking cute! just like a boy! love the glitter looks like a snowy day! yuk!