Monday, October 11, 2010

A Not-so-scarry Stella

Happy Monday folks. Hope you had as great a weekend as I did. We had a blast touring the wineries along Seneca Lake NY. Best time ever at Three Brothers winery. Could have stayed there all day - three wineries, a micro-brewery, live entertainment and glorious sunshine to sit in and enjoy it all. I was in heaven.

Since fall is still on my mind, I thought I would share another Halloween card. Spooky Stella by Stamping Bella was just too cute to pass up on my last order.



I started with Bella's Bestest paper, Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Copics. Then I added grass with my prismacolor pencils. Shading for the night sky was made by lightly sponging Memento London Fog grey ink with my Nestie still in place.

I've been in love with banners for the longest time and was happy to put my new MFT die to use to display my sentiment - BOO. The letters were cut using the Slice and the Halloween cartridge. I've had this in mind since I bought the cartridge last year but I didn't have the banner die. I know, I could have cut them on my own but I've been wishing for the die.

A little machine stitching, glitter and layering with various circle Nesties and we're good to go. Cardstock is Bazzil. The white/black design paper is from Martha Stewart's Halloween pack last year. The background is a scrap from The Spider Web by My Mind's Eye.

This week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is to dust off your Ketto's. You can send your cards to emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday night. Hope you'll have time to play along.

Cath

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The banner came out really cute ... especially with the sunburst background on your image. As always, just LOVE it! Glad you had a fun weekend in NY.

Dana White said...

Love this card - I so need to use my banner dies!!

Anonymous said...

So jealous about the wineries!! That is one of my fave things to do but we don't have any here in Alberta so we have to drive aways so it usually is a week think for us! Anyway, drink up girl!!! Love this!

paula tracy williamson said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!
LOVE flaggs, banners, pennants...whatever you call them!

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, I love this card! The banner and boo look fantastic. Your coloring is stunning as always. I am glad to see you using hte stash of papers that we bought together. I was using mine this weekend as well.