Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cutesy Ornaments

Do you have season favorites? I do. I love snowflakes because you can use them all winter long. It's also why I love snowmen. They aren't just for one holiday - they can decorate my home and cards for months! He he. But I also have a soft spot for ornaments. So as I went shopping for some new Bella's - I just had to have Cutesy Ornaments.



I know that I will be coloring these in varying color schemes. But first up I couldn't resist the Graphic 45 Christmas 8x8 paper pack which included the red gold design paper here. I also had some gold shimmer paper I picked up at Target at the end of the Christmas season for 75% off so a pack of 25 was $0.75 - sweet - I knew it would go perfectly. You'll be seeing this in silver next because that was on clearance too.

Bella's bestest paper was my starting point though and Memento Tuxedo black ink. Copics were my main coloring tool. I used tans, pinks and yellows to go with the rich deep reds. Love them! Shading was also done with prisma pencils blended with gamsol. Love how it deepened the dark areas and added ground shading around the ornaments. The sentiment is also from Stamping Bella. I simply backed it with the gold shimmer paper and cut it into a banner.

A little machine stitching dressed up my image panel along with a sheer burgady ribbon.

Hope you can find time to check out this week's Tantalizing Toosday specials. And remember, a comment on the blog post could get you $20 in Bella Bucks. Easy peasy to play and verrry fun to spend. I know, I've had the pleasure of winning and it was awesome.

And while you're at it - why not get your brown, yellow, and red supplies out and join us for this week's Bellariffic Friday Challenge - Fall colors. Just send your cards to Emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday night.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cath

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Cath, this is so pretty! I was just looking at this stamp last night to color, but didn't get around to it.
Love your colors you choose. Very simple, but very elegant.

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous! So rich and elegant! And the depth you've given the ornaments with this shading is perfect! Love this!

MoniKa said...

Sweet Jesus...christmas already!!! Looks awesome...you are so talented Cath...love ya

Kim Teasdale said...

Mmmmm k....now I need these stamps too. My shopping cart overfloweth! You colours are so rich and just perfect for the much distant Christmas season (I'm trying to convince myself of that ;)

paula tracy williamson said...

mmmmm.... I wannnnna put up my tree when I see these ornaments! hehe {ok, any excuse...I love to decorate my tree!} These are putting me in the holiday mood though, so pretty!