Friday, October 8, 2010

A Fall Bellarific Friday Challenge

Ok folks, Fall is my favorite season. Love the colors, smells, sounds (leaves crunching under foot). So I loved this challenge. I didn't want to do a typical scene though, I wanted to go a little non-traditional and repurpose an image if you will. I had I love to shop a bella in mind. Paula colored this in a beautiful winter scene. But the plaid hat and doggie wear and nice cowl coat had me thinking I could do this for fall.



For my colors, I turned to the Making Memories Autumn Splendor design paper - browns, greens, yellows and golds and a splash of teal. I wanted out of the box so I reached for my Oval Nesties. I knew the image wouldn't fit completely inside, so I stamped part of it again and cut them out to attach when I was done. Elainabella posted one of her tips - coloring the edges of cutouts with a black marker and for my cute little black dog that was excellant advice. No white edges showing here.

I stamped this on Neenah Classic Crest Solar white paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I colored her with Copics. I had great fun choosing colors to blend in with the design paper. But for that extra depth, I did add some prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. And since I wanted this to look like a fall day, I had to punch a few leaves out as well. Husband thought I should have drawn in some wind - but what the heck does he know?

I think this would be perfect shopping for Chirstmas gifts weather. Unfortunately - I think we'll have snow on the ground for that. It's been so cold out already. UGH!

Now for the Mini-Bellas. First up is Madison with Beatrice Bellbottoms...




McKenzie shares Daisy Hightops with us...



Didn't they do a fabulous job once again? Look at them sporting the Basic Grey paper. Love these cards girls.


Now head on over to see what the other Bella's and sistah's have contributed at the Bella Blog. I know that there is also a wonderful tuitorial from our new Videobabe - Ebru. You have to see this. And get your Ketto's out because that's next week's challenge. Won't you join us?

Have a great weekend. I'm heading home to NY to tour the Fingerlakes region's Seneca Lake Wine Trail. So looking forward to viewing the NY countryside in all its fall splendor!

MWAH - thanks for stopping by!
Cath

Don't ask me how I know tips...I've decided I should start to share some of my misfortunes in the hopes that you might learn something. Don't laugh here - before you glue pieces on like the box at the top, make sure that you don't need to stitch around it. Otherwise you have to pull it off and hope it doesn't rip before you glue it back on.

8 comments:

LindaH said...

love the 'don't ask me how i know' tips! hahhaha! and i think you and pauline have a little something going on behind the scenes, isn't this the second week in a row you used the same image for the challenge! hmmmm? I love this card, and the image...gonna have to wait at least a month before i use it now!

Ebru Vatansever said...

Did you and Pauline trade notes :o)
Really cute card, I love the leaves around the image, adds a nice touch of Fall.

Anonymous said...

Nicce card Cath. Love the 'don't ask me how i know' tips. Perfect for the beginner like me. :) And the cards by those mini-bellas .. they just keep getting better and better! Way to go, girls.

Dana White said...

Cath these are fantastic - love how you repurposed the stamp! The girls did a fantastic job; I always look forward to seeing their work on Fridays!! Have a great weekend

Kim Teasdale said...

*swoon* I'm in love! Not only is your card amazing but check out those mini bella cards too! Holy Smokes! There lies some serious talent folks!!!

Anonymous said...

Love what you did this week and let the mini's know theirs rock too!

Robin McK said...

Hi Cath - this card is just darling! I love your out-of-the-box look for the main panel, and the fall papers are delicious! TFS

paula tracy williamson said...

Love all your Fall handiwork....Talent runs in the family! Really love the poochie in plaid. Maybe your two babies need something like that for tooling around P. Huron on your walks!! I can see them now! lol