Sunday, October 31, 2010

Izzie is back with Balloons

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you get treats instead of tricks this evening. All my kidlets are on their own now so I'll be staying in. And we don't get any kids in our neighborhood so I'll be hanging in my craft room making cards. Couldn't be happier.

I told you that I've been known for getting cards out late. It's not that I forget or don't have the right intentions. Things just get in the way. Even with the best plans I get thrown curve balls. Often times I have the card in question on my desk in various forms of completion. But I get stuck and can't find the right thing to finish it off. Has this ever happened to you? Well, it's exactly what happened to this card. Izzie has balloons is intended for my niece.


This might look familiar as I've colored her before. This time though, I cut her out. In all fairness, I had to cut her out. It wasn't planned. My darn reds bled outside the boundaries of her dress. UGHHH! I hate when that happens. I had spent so much time on the rest of her that I wasn't going to let her go to waste. So, I cut her out and glued her to my design paper. Then I shaded the ground so she didn't look like she was floating away. Because this wasn't my intended layout, I didn't know what to do with all the empty space on the left. I finally decided to add my sentiment there in a small panel. I used a computer generated sentiment that I cut with a Nestie Label 1 die. Then I backed it with a Nestie Label 16 die. I didn't like the huge difference between the smallest and next sized label 1 but I loved the way it fit perfectly into the smallest 16. Amy Sheffer has been showing this die and I've had my eye on it for awhile now. I made a trip over to Canada yesterday and found a small LSS that had it in stock. Yes, I was psyched! I also scored the Seeing Spots Cuttlebug embossing folder Amy uses quite frequently too - it was a very worthwhile trip.

Here's a closeup so you can see the detail a little better...



Enjoy your evening folks and see you back here tomorrow for a sneak peak at the December Mary Maxim card. It's a Christas Mo released through Stamping Bella. Can you guess which one it is?

Thanks for stopping by!
Cath

Card deets: Bella's Bestest paper, Memento Tuxedo black ink, copics, prismacolor pencils, gamsol, wheat Versamagic Chalk ink, Tim Holtz distress ink - Vintage Photo, Black Glaze pen, Basic Grey Figgy Pudding design paper- Nestled and Trinket, Nestie Label 1 and 16 die, machine stitching.

2 comments:

Dana White said...

Cath if iI hadn't been told I would have never known the cutting out wasn't planned! This is a super sweet card love how you shading the ground - I need to master that technique

Anonymous said...

greetings craftycath.blogspot.com owner found your blog via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://traffic-for-your-website.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://traffic-for-your-website.com
To your success James