Saturday, August 14, 2010

A mistake turns out..

Have you ever started working on a card or image when something just didn't go as planned and then you step back and say "it's ok - this is better". Well I had that moment a while back working on my paper piece challenge card for Stamping Bella. This is how it turned out...



This is Izzie has a Daisy and my first thought was to paper piece her skirt. I was hoping to use the blue design paper in the background so I started by coloring her skirt blue along the edges so you wouldn't see any white space. Well the skirt pattern did not look like I thought it would so I instead decided to just color the whole image with prismacolor pencils and chuck the paper piecing idea. But what was I to do since I had started to color the skirt blue. Well believe it or not, I added chocolate over the blue and it turned out to look more like charcoal and that looked wonderful with a soft blue sweater and black buttons. Whew... another card start salvaged. The rest came pretty easy and with the help of my Black Glaze pen the shoes, headband, buttons and bow popped from the page. A little help from my Quickie Glue pen and some Bella glitter and my flowers sparkled to life.

I rarely make a card these days without the help of my Spellbinders Nestabilites and today was no exception. The Classic large and small circles brought the image panel front and center. A couple crystals in the upper right hand corner and a fabulous Birthday Ribbon bow adorned with a daisy charm finish this one off. I chose design paper from the Making Memories Poolside and Greenhouse 6x6 pack to coordinate with Kraft paper so that I could play with Jeanie in her that's Krafty Thursday challenge. You have until Wednesday night to link up your cards here. Won't you play along?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

3 comments:

The Spotted Chick said...

Woo-hoo!! Another cutie!! LOVE the blue accents and that ribbon is SUH-WEET!! Thanks so much Cath, for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge!! {{{hen hugs}}}

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, she is so sweet. I love the charm added to the bow. It is such a dainty accent for this precious little girl.

Janie Printz said...

Super cute card & love how her skirt turned out & the hair is just adorable ...How can hair be adorable I MUST be getting tired so it's off to bed ... I've been having too much fun jumping around visiting a few new blogs.
Hugs, Janie