Friday, August 13, 2010

Bring on the Bling...

That was the theme for those of you who follow the Stamping Bella Bellarific Friday challenges. When I heard that I went right to the Diva stamp designed by Mo Manning that's released in rubbah through Bella. I love this stamp. The expression is so sassy and it just screamed "bring on the glittah." Take a look and tell me you wouldn't agree.



See I told you. Now where did I start? First I knew I wanted to use copics for their nice brillant color. So I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Crest solar white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I headed for papers with teal and pink - I wanted the boa to be full of pink and sparkles and teal compliments this color so nicely. Wouldn't you know the new Basic Grey Olivia paper pack had just such a paper for me. My Sissy and her family were kind enough to send me this for my upcoming birthday and I was thrilled. The teal cardstock and background design paper came from an SEI Christmas paper pack called Winter Song. It's full of teals and reds and I couldn't resist it last year.

Then I set about coloring and shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. A Sakura Gelly Roll pen gave me some added sparkle to the strand of pearls and earrings, while Bella glitter accents the tiara and boa. A few rhinestones down the left side are my only other embellishment. I tried a ribbon bow and additional glitter but it seemed to clog the card up. Some Metallic Green Ink by Encore gave me shading along the edge of my image. I kept it in my Nestie as I did this so it would give me a nice white border.

I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of the Bella Babes and sistahs have done. Won't you join me in checking it out?

Have a great weekend.

Cath

3 comments:

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, I think that this might be one of my favorites. I love her! She is so fun and sassy. The glitter on her is beautiful. I need to find some for the chickies. The 3 jewels at the top are the perfect addition.

Blondeegrl said...

She is so cute!!! I think she is going to walk right acrossed your card!! The colors ROCK!!! Cute, Cute, Cute!!!!!!!!

Crafty Creations said...

Hello! Found you from the Bella Blog and just wanted to say that I LOVED your entry!!! Perfect coloring and bling :)
Going to snoop around your blog now!!
Maria :)