Friday, August 13, 2010

Bring on the Bling...

That was the theme for those of you who follow the Stamping Bella Bellarific Friday challenges. When I heard that I went right to the Diva stamp designed by Mo Manning that's released in rubbah through Bella. I love this stamp. The expression is so sassy and it just screamed "bring on the glittah." Take a look and tell me you wouldn't agree.



See I told you. Now where did I start? First I knew I wanted to use copics for their nice brillant color. So I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Crest solar white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I headed for papers with teal and pink - I wanted the boa to be full of pink and sparkles and teal compliments this color so nicely. Wouldn't you know the new Basic Grey Olivia paper pack had just such a paper for me. My Sissy and her family were kind enough to send me this for my upcoming birthday and I was thrilled. The teal cardstock and background design paper came from an SEI Christmas paper pack called Winter Song. It's full of teals and reds and I couldn't resist it last year.

Then I set about coloring and shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. A Sakura Gelly Roll pen gave me some added sparkle to the strand of pearls and earrings, while Bella glitter accents the tiara and boa. A few rhinestones down the left side are my only other embellishment. I tried a ribbon bow and additional glitter but it seemed to clog the card up. Some Metallic Green Ink by Encore gave me shading along the edge of my image. I kept it in my Nestie as I did this so it would give me a nice white border.

I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of the Bella Babes and sistahs have done. Won't you join me in checking it out?

Have a great weekend.

Cath

3 comments:

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, I think that this might be one of my favorites. I love her! She is so fun and sassy. The glitter on her is beautiful. I need to find some for the chickies. The 3 jewels at the top are the perfect addition.

Unknown said...

She is so cute!!! I think she is going to walk right acrossed your card!! The colors ROCK!!! Cute, Cute, Cute!!!!!!!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Hello! Found you from the Bella Blog and just wanted to say that I LOVED your entry!!! Perfect coloring and bling :)
Going to snoop around your blog now!!
Maria :)