Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Posh in Blue


Let me tell you, this girl definately doesn't have the blues but I thought I would try a blue party dress for this Uptown Girl. If you haven't already met her, this is Uptown Girl Posh has a Present from Stamping Bella. She brings a smile to my face and a definate party atmosphere to these birthday sentiments.

Coloring was done with copics, so that meant I started with Bella's Bestest paper and Memento Tuxedo black ink. Shading below her feet was added with prismacolor pencil blended with gamsol. I tried to bring out some of the embellishments that have been gathering on my shelves so you'll find some Kaiser half pearls atop Prima paper flowers. Of course, this is a party so I had to bring out the glam too; you'll find some rhinestones bedecked in silver and some plain. Aaaannd I couldn't resist glitter. Yup, I actually started to photograph this and said, wait something is missing and sure enough it was the glitter sparkling on the bows and the skirt of this lovely dress. I applied this with the Quickie glue pen and lord knows how I lived in this craft before finding that wonderful tool!

The sentiment comes with the image so there's no need to hunt for one. I hand cut it into a tag and applied Tim Holtz distress ink to the edges. Design paper is a combination: the background is from Stella and Rose Hattie collection while the French Script is from a GCD pack called Ella Blue. Oh and I also added some shading along the corners of the image panel using Memento London Gray ink and Isabelle Norris' Eclectic Mini stamp called Bubble Mesh.


If you haven't heard the buzz, you now have two chances to participate in the Bellariffic Friday challenges. Now that Em is back on SCS we are linking cards in the gallery using keywords. This week it's BELLARIFFIC0112. You'll have until Thursday January 19th to link for a chance at a $20 gift voucher. But email a photo of your card to be included in Em's Bellariffic Friday post this week by 5pm Thursday January 12th and another $20 gift voucher is up for grabs. Yes, you can participate in both locations - and with the tease of a new release and some new Uptown girl images that sounds pretty cool to me. Here's Ebru's awesome sketch for this week. Hope you can play along!

Cath

5 comments:

Karen Motz said...

She's gorgeous in blue! I'm always in awe of your colouring and shading, and I love the half pearl accents too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Cath! GREAT coloring, and I love the "kraft" paper packages!

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness - this is GORGEOUS!!! Love the blue and your shading rock!! Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!

Dana White said...

Cath she is STUNNING!!! Love all the shades of blues you used for her dress!! How I love these UPTOWN girls

Tanya said...

I've fallen behind on my commenting but I have been drooling over your creations! This is one of my favorites...I love Posh done up in Blue, so unexpected and so very stunning! Beautifully done!