Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Buzzy is sending Birthday Wishes


Happy New Year folks! So sorry for the sporatic posting over the holidays...I travel alot so we can be with family and friends and I just couldn't get everything done. I'm looking forward to a travel free January and lots of weekend time creating. Did you get lots of toys to play with too? Ha - doesn't matter how much I have, I always want more.

My first task is some Birthday cards so I can get in front of the eight ball. It might actually be my first New Year's resolution...get ahead. Yeah, sounds good now let's see how long I can keep it! I pulled Buzzy Huggabugg, a Cristy Croll image released in rubber through Stamping Bella for my nephew's birthday card...it's in February so I'm staying on target for the resolution! I wanted to pair the winged character with the planet theme of the October Afternoon Rocket Age design paper. I stamped Buzzy onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink and then colored him with copics. His wings were colored and then topped with Quickie Glue and glitter. I then cut him out and mounted him with Dimensionals. The sentiment actually comes with the Bye Bye Boy image but I thought it would fit here as well. It was cut out with Nestie, Petite Ovals large and shaded with Tim Holtz distress ink in Weathered Wood. You'll also find some soft blue ric rac from my Grandma's ribbon stash, brads and machine stitching.


Ahh, it feels great to create again! You know you want to join me. Why not give a whirl on Stamping Bella's first Bellariffic Friday Challenge of 2012? It's a sketch to help you get back into the groove. Just send a photo of your creation to Emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday the 12th. Emily will include your creation on her blog along with all the sistahs. Can't wait to see it!

Enjoy all your new treasures.

Cath

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I do love a Huggabugg and Buzzy is no exception! Your card is a perfect boy card - I'm working on a boy birthday card too! Love that you used some of your Grandma's ric rac!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a pretty and adorable card!!

Kerri said...

very nice always a joy to see you creating and thks for sharing..

Dana White said...

Oh this is so cute - I need to get some birthday card created so i don't wind up behind the eight ball too! LOVE how you mixed the sentiment from another stamp with this card

Tanya said...

I'm so excited to have the Bellarific Friday Challenges back! I got so excited when I saw the sketch on your blog=) I love the pairing of the Buzzy Huggabugg and sentiment from Bye Bye Boy, they work perfect together! Amazing job on fussy cutting him out too! Love the deep colors of your card, perfect card for a boy=)