Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Planting

Wowsers, I hope you were able to enjoy some good weather over the weekend! And just to coax the grass out some more it was 85 when I got out of work today. Love that! Something else is ready to come out too....spring flowers. And in honor of the change of seasons, I colored up one of Stamping Bella's new releases by Mo Manning, Sprout. For those of you wondering how I got my order so fast, calm down - I actually drove to Scrapfest to pick it up. I was that eager. He he.


Sprout was colored with a combination of Copics and prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. Why you might ask? Well, I was traveling and only brought a few copics but all of my pencils. So I used a little of this, a little of that. But I started with Bella's Bestest paper and stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo black ink. Design paper by My Minds Eye was my color inspiration. Colored cardstock is Bazzil, card base is Neenah Classic Crest solar white.

Fellow Bella Babe, Dana posted the Sweet Sunday Sketch 112 and I decided to make my life easier and followed it.

Finished card size is 5 x 6, embellishments were made using Nesties - bought the new Banner Pennants at Scrapfest and added hearts to follow the sketch. The sentiment comes with the stamp so you get a two for one!

Hope you have a great week!

Cath

3 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, she is SWEET, Cath! LOVE your coloring, and the flags on the image panel are cute!

Dana White said...

Oh Cath she is so cute - Now I'm not sure if I ordered her & now of course I WANT her!!

Isabelle Norris said...

She is so cute with her little flower pot and bunches. She reminds me of my DD when she was little :)
Thanks for you comment on my blog. I'm glad you like my stamps. I'm sure you will love mixed media when you have a go, it's very theraputic.
Don't forget to show me, I would love to see.
isabelle-abella