Monday, April 25, 2011

April's SFYTT


My latest Stamping Bella order was filled with the baby animal stamps I bought with the intention of stocking up on my supply of baby cards. For my first one I've chosen Animals - Spotted Giraffe and Jen delMuro's April Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT). And I'm sneaking it in just in time as the month is quickly coming to and end.

Color inspiration came from October Afternoon's Campfire design paper. Of course, I started coloring with copics on my Bella's Bestest paper. But I added additional shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol and Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink. Cardstock is Bazzil. Machine stitching in both zig zag and straight stitches were added as well as some red brads.

Don't forget to get out an image for this week's Mother's Day Bellariffic Friday challenge. You can send Emily a photo of your card to be included in this week's post at emily@stampingbella.com.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cath

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Cute! Your colouring is fantastic on the giraffe!!

Dana White said...

Oh Cath this is so cute - the colouring on the giraffe is fabulous & the grass is perfect!!

Ebru Vatansever said...

OMG Cath this is such an adorable card and your coloring is gorgusss my friend.

Amy Sheffer said...

ACK!! I adore how you've colored this image and the combo of papers! Awesome take on the April SFYTT!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Wow! Super coloring!