Thursday, April 14, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Well, Spring is bringing some nice weather. Flowers are being coaxed to break free, grass is slowly turning green and trees are full of new buds. Soon we'll be relaxing on porches again and life will once again be brought outside. Thoughts of that reminded me of a liesurely ride through town on my bike with my sidekick riding in a basket. Somehow the thought of Bella, a 100 pound Rotweiller sitting in a basket on my bike seems very farfetched. But this is my story so go with it. Anyhoo, I decided to color I-wish-I-looked-so-good-on-a-bike-ABELLA by Stamping Bella.


I started coloring this last weekend while relaxing back at the hotel with Paulabella, her BFF Mary, and my Mom after a day of fun at Scrapfest. So some of it is again done with pencils and some is done with copics. I had limited supply with me so I made it work. The paper is again from my Paula stash so I have no idea who makes it. I do know that the cardstock is by AC Cardstock and Neenah Classic Crest solar white. But of course my image panel is Bella's Bestest paper and stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink. Shading around and on the ground was definately done with pencils blended with gamsol.

Once I returned home, I hunted down a layout. I altered a MFT Wednesday Sketch from last week. Doesn't the brown stripped paper remind you of the road Bella is taking? Next up was the hunt for a sentiment. Since I was reminded of a lazy carefree day I searched for my "Simple Pleasures" Bella sentiment. I bought it eons ago as a sentiment only. Now you're going to laugh though because I shouldn't have had to hunt far. Bella is now including sentiments with lots of her stamps and it's exactly the sentiment she choose for this image as well. After I stamped this, I cut it out with a Nestie Label 14 die and lightly dusted some Antique Linen Tim Holtz Distress ink around the edges.

Don't forget that this week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is a sketch by our own Lindaella. Here it is again in case you find time today to play along. But don't forget to send a photo of your creation to Emily by tonight to be included in her weekly lineup. Who knows, you might even win some Bella Bucks to buy some of her new releases. I picked up mine on Saturday and loooove them.

See you back here tomorrow!

Cath

5 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

CUTE card, Cath and great pencil/Copic coloring! And I'm LMHO at the mental image of a Rottweiler in the basket!

Shelly Anne said...

that card is just really cute! I love the stamp too. Great job on the coloring.

Dana White said...

this is so cute! How I wish for spring - more snow in Calgary again last night!!

Kerri said...

very nice card and the coloring is grt..thks for sharing..

Pauline said...

Very pretty card Cath. I've pulled this image out several times to colour and still haven't. You did a great job colouring based on your limited supplies. Love this layout as well, need to make note to self to try this one out.