Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America!

Happy July 4th everyone! It is one glorious day here in Michigan. Hope you are able to share the day with family and friends to celebrate our independence! The DH and I have taken the dogs for our morning walk and I wanted some time in the craft room before I headed out to plant my tomatoes. To share in the birthday celebration, I have a creation to show you.



As you can tell, I LOVE Stamping Bella stamps. They are cute, quirky, funny and scream to be colored so I love them! I have lots that have not yet been colored so I am trying to pull these out so I can justify getting some of the newer ones being released.

This is Izzie has Balloons. I just got my supply of Basic Grey 6x6 pads so I dove into the Lemonade paper. Love it. My Sissy got me hooked on it when she was doing some wall art for the twins' rooms. I think it was a great backdrop for little Izzie and her colorful balloons don'tcha think? I colored her with copics and shaded with prismacolor pencils and gamsol to blend. The cardstock is Neenah Classic Crest while the colored paper is Bazzil.

I know you've seen me use this sentiment before - but it's from Stamping Bella as well. I added Tim Holtz Distress Inks to soften the edges as well as a corner punch. The card layout came from one I found on Kim Teasdale's blog. She uses dark colors to back her cardstock and I really liked the effect so I tried it here.

For those of you who have an extended weekend enjoy! I've got to work tomorrow so I want to head out and make the most of this glorious sunny day!

Cath

1 comment:

ScrappyLin said...

So cute, Cath. I love the shading and that you rounded the two opposite corners, such a little thing like that adds so much interest. You know I love the paper! I have never seen the Lemonade line in a 6x6.