Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dream Big!

July 31st already...say it isn't so. Can't believe how fast the month flew by. I know that I didn't get to post all that much nor did I get to create all that much. Today was the first weekend we were home in almost 4 weeks. I started early unpacking bags, sorting through junk mail, putting clean clothes piles away and yup - spent some time organizing the craft room again. That meant time spent finishing some projects I had started as well.

First up is Dream Big!



Actually that's what I called it but it's really a Mo Manning design sold through Stampavie as a Photopolymer clear stamp. This is the August Mary Maxim card that we will be making with our Copic markers. I have to appologize to those copic fans that had their classes cancelled in July. It was unavoidable but I still hated to cancel. I'll try to reschedule a date in August so that we can still do the Flower Power Camper Van.

I love the detail in Mo's images. Accenting them with Copics was real fun with this one. I started with Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then colored with Copics. I accented the star and wand with a glitter pen and the wings with the Quickie Glue pen and some Hero Arts glitter. All can be found in Mary Maxim's papercrafting department. I'm trying to broaden our scope so I used the prismacolor pencil PC1021Jade Green to add shading all around. It's hard to see but you'll get a better view if you click the photo.

The sentiment is computer generated using font LD Marooned from Scrapnfonts. I then made it into a banner and curled it a bit before affixing to the card. The flowers were colored with copics as well and the colorless blender. A Kaiser pearl was added to the center. The main panel was trimed with an EK Success border punch.

The design paper is from The Paper Company called Spring Pinwheel Stripe. I loved the frost shading and glittery accents. You don't get to see much of it but it pulled the soft and darker purples together along with the green.

If you are in the Port Huron, Mi area we'll be doing this card at Mary Maxim on Saturday, August 14th from 10:30am - 12:30pm or on Monday, August 9th from 5:45 - 8:00pm. Classes are free, but you'll need to bring your own copics and a general tool kit (glue dots, tape or adhesive, scissors, and glitter). Hope you can stop by to play with us.

Cathy

Copic colors:

Y13, E000, E00, E11, R20, E04, BV00, BV01, BV04, YG11, YG13, BG10 and 0 Colorless Blender

1 comment:

Swildman said...

My very first class you are the BESt thank you so much and Mary Maxim also! that when the addiction started, my wallet thanks you!