Sunday, January 24, 2010

Classic Birthday

I'm back again today with another Birthday card. This one came to me in a vision.



I had bought the truck stamp for my favorite brother-in-law's birthday card and just haven't gotten aroung to making it (his birthday was in November, I'm just a little late!) Then the DH asked me to make a joint birthday card for a husband/wife couple he knows. That was a challenge; a birthday card that was masculine and yet ok for a girl...I guess ribbons were out and bling. Then, I got to thinking about this truck, it's an American Classic. So what if I add the sentiment "Hope you age as gracefully as an American Classic". I was so proud of myself. It wasn't mushy and yet I would be ok with receiving this card.

I took a deep breath and brought out my prismacolor pencils and put Paula's coaching in my mind. Then I started to color and blend. I think it came out pretty good but what do you think? Can you keep this a secret though, because now I have a card to duplicate for the dear brother-in-law. Actually, I think it would make an excellant birthday stash card. Woo Hoo.

The sentiment was computer generated and the star was made using a Paper Shapers punch. I again used my Neenah Columbia Crest Solar White cardstock and AC cardstock for the barn red. The DP was a scrap in my stash, so I'm sorry to say I'm at a loss for the manufacturer.

Well that's all for today.

Thnaks for stopping by and have a great week.

Cath

1 comment:

ScrappyLin said...

Excellent job with the coloring. I love the shading on the truck. It makes it look like the real patina that you would see on an old truck. For your favorite BIL, you will need to use the old classic blue with a lot of patina--greens and blue. He would love it. Maybe I need to break out my pencils again.