Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bella Birthday

Hello Everyone! Hope you all had an awesome week. I am very thankful that today is Saturday and that I get to play. I started my day making this card for my 18 year old niece Katie.



We did this in my advanced coloring class last week but I was taken with Allboxedup Bella that I just had to buy her and try her again. I'll confess that this is my second time at coloring the image and I think it's much better than my first. You'll notice that one of the differences from the beginner images I showed you last week to the advanced Bella is that there is alot more shading. The colors are built with 3 - 4 different shades and then you top it all off with shades of grey. I love it! The images become so much more real. Then we top it off with some glitter and she just glimmers with happiness. I added a Bella birthday sentiment on a Nestabilities tag. Of course not much has changed in the way I ink - I use my Neenah Columbia Crest Solar White and Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then you color using Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, and coloring stubs. Once you get the hang of the blending and how much pencil to use this is quite fun.

Since I've seen many posts using paper scraps (and since my stash is growing) I pulled out a random piece of blue that would compliment Bella's shirt. I then used a scrap of Bazzil brown cardstock and paired it with some yummy Wild Asparagus polka dot paper to compliment the circles on Bella's package. The sheer ribbon has been in my stash for years...I just knew it would come in handy some day.

That's it for today folks. I've got more to share and another day to create. Woo Hoo!

Stop by again soon.

Cath

1 comment:

ScrappyLin said...

Oh, I think that this might be my favorite Bella. This is beautiful. I love the glimmer on her shirt and the bow of the present--such nice touches. And, Wild Asparagus has always been one of my favorites ... I don't have it in my stash though. I hope that Katie loved receiving it.