Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jen's SFYTT


Hello Everyone!

I finished another card today and thought I would share it with you. This is for Jen del Muro's SFYTT (sketch for you to try) which she posts on Saturday. I had bought a new stamp and thought I would try to incorporate it into this week's sketch. The sketches make light work of the design - ths choices get reduced to the colors, paper and embellishments - the fun stuff! If you haven't tried these yet you might want to give it a whirl. Head to i(heart)2stamp to check it out.

Since I had the DCWV Citrus stack DP out I decided to use it again. I love the colors and settled on a peach, lime green and black color mix. While Jen used a sentiment in a circle in the bottom right corner it just didn't seem to fit this stamp which had a sentiment outlining it. I decided to add some pretty flowers and pieces of the QuickKutz Flourishes die cut interspersed to help it pop. I was pleased with the result.

I'm also trying to incorporate designs from the front of the card inside as well. I think it not only finishes the card - it also cuts down on remaining scraps. I often have some pieces left over but not enough to make a card with so this is a great way to use them up!

Here is a picture of the inside:



I hope you enjoy the card - perhaps you can give the challenge a shot yourself.

Have a great week.

Love Ya,
Cath

Card Details:

Stamp: Art Impressions (from Lizzie's shop)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (it really does work great with Copics)
Paper: DCWV Citrus DP, Bazzil cardstock
Accessories: Prima Flowers, buttons, Swarovski crystal, lime green grosgrain ribbon, Rectangle Nestabilities, QuickKutz Flourishes die cut, Copics markers

1 comment:

Jen del Muro said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing! Hugs-Jd