Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mother's Day - Verve Style



Whoo Hoo - I got another card done. This one is heading to Michelle to sell at the knitting shop. She called me last week and said that Pam was wondering if I might like to make some Mother's Day cards - baby tags - and Notes to sell in the shop. I said sure. Why not turn my creative fix into cash if possible. I love to make new cards and try techniques so this might be an outlet for that.

Any hoo. I was visiting the Verve Blog again and looking through the cards submitted for the weekend challenge and found one from Jodi Collins that I loved. I loved the colors and the butterflies and thought - let's try it and turn it into a Mother's Day Card. I also made one with the "My life is richly blessed by you" from the Verve Thankful Blossoms set. That card I'm sending to a friend that hosted a lovely dinner last night.

Ok - so the new Nesties are out and getting used. I layered the white and green classic circles and added the scallop with a bit of paper piercing. I then added a white scallop border but for this I had a twist - I don't have a plain scallop border, mine is the Fiskars with the center hole. So, put the white paper through my long rectangle Nestie. I just made it smaller than the length so that the edges wouldn't be scallped. Yes, I am quite pleased with this.

I also added a Martha Stewart butterfly adorned with Kaiser adhesive pearls. And then I trimmed the inside to match the front...






Let me know what you think - I'd love your input.

Have a great night.

Cathy

Card Details:

Stamps; Verve Thankful Blossoms, Sentiment Inkadinkado
Ink: Anna Griffin - Green, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Imaginisce Baby Powder - King of the Crib DP, KaiserCraft Country Grove DP, AC Cardstock
Accessories: Nestabilites classic circle small and large, scalloped circle large, long rectagle Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Royal Butterfly punch, Kaiser adhesive pearls, silk ribbon from Lizzie's shop, dimensionals

1 comment:

Inkey Pingers said...

Thanks for your wonderful comments but hello...your cards are gorgeous! Where are you located? I love to meet new ladies from my area! Your blog is very nice. I will definitely keep an eye on it!