Thursday, October 31, 2013

You bring color to my life!!!

I'm playing catch up folks.  I know I've been a little quiet on the blog.  I've taken up some wool applique quilting.  I love the texture of that medium and as you know I love color so it's another great outlet for me.  I took a break from my Santa table runner to bring another colorful card to you.  It's somewhat motivated by my new quilting friends.  I chose to use a quilters square pattern for the background.  This cutie is a Mo Manning image released in rubber through Stamping Bella called Painter Meg.  She's heading to my young neighbor who is celebrating her birthday.  She's a regular in my craft room - she loves my markers and papers...a girl after my heart.



I colored Meg onto Bella's Bestest paper with a combination of copics and prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol.  Cardstock is Bazzil and yes, there is Bella's Kraft in there too!  Design paper is Happy Day by My Mind's Eye - I thought the bright colors would suit this image and Riley's love of orange and color beautifully.  Clouds were cut using a Memory Box die.  The sentiment comes with the image and I just framed it with cardstock.

Drats - I still had this in the original packaging before I colored her and now she's not in the shop!  There are plenty other Mo images that would fit this sketch easily.

Phew - hope you have a Happy Halloween.  And I'll be back tomorrow for our Bellariffic Sketch challenge.  Thanks for stopping by.

Cath

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ah I love stamping with wee ones too and see their joy at creating! Meg is cute and I love the little clouds you made!!