Friday, October 25, 2013

Trick or Treat

Another week has flown by which means it's Bellariffic Friday!  Our challenge this week was to use fall colors.  Well one of my favorite parts of fall is Halloween.  So I decided to color up one of the newest images in the Bella family from artist Christine Grove's Senior-itas line - this is one half of Trick-or-treat aritas.  Technically Halloween does bring to mind fall colors - right?



So I stamped this image onto regular paper first.  Then I cut away the side I really wanted to ink onto my card.  I inked the image up again using the thing-a-ma-jig for placement and stamped over the masked paper onto Bella's Bestest paper - thus leaving an impression of the character I wanted.  I colored the witchy with copics and shaded with prismacolor pencil blended with gamsol.  The sentiments was in my stash - sorry it doesn't come with the image.  I matted with Bazzil cardstock and placed it over Martha Stewart design paper from last year's collection.  Card is 5x7.  I added machine stitching along with festive holiday colored ribbon I found on my trip to Salt Lake City - I topped that with  a black button.  I love how this turned out!!!

Next week we are back to a sketch.  Hope you can find some time to play along with us.  There's Bella bucks up for grabs to one commentor and one contributor.  So stop on by the Bella Blog.



Hope you have some great plans for the weekend.  It's finally get so cold here that snow is not far off.  Ack, I'm not ready yet!  hehe.

Thanks for stopping by,
Cath

2 comments:

Dana White said...

Brilliant Cath only using one of the Senior-itas for your card I must remember this idea!!! The colours are perfect for fall.

Leslie said...

Oh how smart are you, using half a Senior-ita?!! LOVE it! I love that spider paper too! I'm amazed (but shouldn't be - LOL) at your shading. I have such trouble with blacks but you did a great job on this witch!