Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Un-conventional"


Hello folks! Can you guess what I'm using this card for?

Well, I perused the Bella online store and chuckled when I saw the sentiments that came with this stamp. Yup- two sentiments come with the Daisy Stove stamp. One I used on Mondays card - it's Hot Stuff. The other I used for the inside of this card - "Heard there's a bun in the oven". And that kind of gives it away now doesn't it? Yes, this is a congratulations card for a co-worker that found out she's expecting her first child. And she found out it's a boy so I had to color it in soft blue tones.

I stamped this onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink. I changed things up a bit though because I colored this with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. I went for a quick and easy card too. But you'll find machine stitching, shading with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, rhinestones and a sheer blue ribbon.

Think she'll like it?

See ya on Friday with our Bellariffic Friday sketch challenge.

Cath

5 comments:

Kerri Boucher said...

very nice love the colors and thks for sharing..

Dana White said...

Cath this is stunning - your shading on the layering piece gives it that shabby feeling which is perfect with the image. HMMMM I don't have this one....

Leslie said...

How fun is this?! What a cute take on a baby card - love it! How did you do your sewing so perfectly around that oval? Any tips? :)

Pauline said...

Fabulous card for an expectant mother! Your colouring and shading is awesome - love all your details - sewing, distressing, bling, ribbon!

Steph said...

Such a great pregnancy image cos it's so original!! Love the colour combo you've used, so pretty!