Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Heart You

My word, where is the week flying to? Hubby and I spent some time this past weekend in Naples, NY for the annual Grape Fest. Have I told you yet how much I love fall? Well I do and the weekend was fabulous! It was slightly cooler on Saturday with grey skies but as the day moved along so did the clouds. No rain was the hit of the day. I had some fun looking at the vendor's wares in town and found a neat painted canvas banner to decorate my front porch for the winter season. We stopped at a country farm market and I found mums at a bargain...only wish we had more room in the car to bring another one home with us. Anyhoo when you play all weekend it means the real stuff has to get done during the week. After working all day there doesn't seem to be enough time to get it all done. Anyone else have that problem?



So here is a little card I made to play along in this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I started with BeeBee Bittybloom by Stamping Bella stamped onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink. I colored her with copics and used prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol for the grass. The surround shading was done using Tim Holtz Distress Ink applied with the Adirondak Alcohol Ink applicator. Design paper is from the Authentique 6x6 bundle Uncommon which I found in the Bella online shop. I had to glitter this cutie up and pulled my favorite Quickie Glue pen to apply it. The sentiment actually comes with another stamp Lilly Loveaboo but I remembered that I had it and that it would fit perfectly with this image too. Remarkable I know (that I would remember that is). Image and sentiment panel were cut using Nestabilites dies. The center strip was cut with a SU border punch.

This card was a just because but I think BeeBee would be great for Valentine's Day too. Hmm can I remember that when the time comes?

Now I'm off to work on my POPped card for Friday's challenge. YOu still have time to play along too.

Thanks for stopping by.
Cathy

6 comments:

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Really pretty card. I love fall too. New York must have been very pretty.

Dana White said...

Cath sounds like a great weekend! We managed to get some golf in :)
LOVE you card - HMMM I think I need some distress inks!

Karen Motz said...

What a perfect take on the sketch! Your colouring and glittering is gorgeous!

Karen Giron said...

Love this image and your amazing coloring - love the glitter! Beautiful job with the sketch!

Leslie said...

Oh so pretty Cath and loved how you flipped the sketch! Sounds like you had a great weekend and I agree, the weekends go way too fast!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable card, Cath!