Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Birthday Flyby


Happy Sunday everyone. Today I share with you Miles, the dragonfly. He's one of Cristy Croll's Huggabugg creations. I've been jonesing to color him up for some time now but I didn't have the right paper. Then I saw some Echo Park paper from their Little Boy collection titled In the Clouds online at Stamping Bella. Yup, that's exactly what I was looking for. My package arrived Thursday night and I knew this would be tackled this weekend.

I've also been loving using my new fiskars swivel finger cutter so I stamped him on Bella's Bestest paper with Memento Tuxedo black ink , colored him with copics and cut him out. Of course, I also added shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol, some glitter on his wings and Stamping Up! Crystal Effects on his goggles. Then I popped him up on a layer of circle Nesties placed on top of a Tim Holtz die. The striped paper is the reverse of the 12x12 paper. I ran the panel through the Cuttlebug with the Polka Dot embossing folder and then added some machine stitching.

The banner sentiment is also from Stamping Bella. While the one I used isn;t in stock right now there are quite a few more to choose from here. I don't have a recipient in mind for this, I figured it would make a perfect little boy birthday card. Can never have too many of those laying around.

Card details: finished card size 5 1/2 square, paper: Neenah Classic Crest solar white, Stamping Up! Ridding Hood Red, Echo Park In the Clouds dp, Bealla's Bestest white, copics, prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Small and Large Circle Nesties, Quickie Glue pen, glitter,Stamping Up! Crystal Effects, Cuttlebug Polka Dot embossing folder, dimensionals Tim Holtz Die, machine stitching.


I'm off to tackle this week's Bellariffic Friday card - a sketch from Danabella. In case you missed it, here it is again. Won't you play along?

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You've done a great job on this! Super cute and I love his glasses and the way you cut him out and popped him up. Perfect paper too!!