Thursday, February 17, 2011

Luck of the Irish to you


Well we're done with one holiday and moving on to another. At least that's what it seems like if you visited my blog earlier this week. I've gone from Valentine's Day to St. Patrick's Day. My family loves celebrating the green. I couldn't resist coloring up Goodluckabella by Stamping Bella with her abundance of four leaf clovers. Oh, if only there was an abundance of green on the ground. We're still draped in white. Now I don't mind the white and the mountains are stunning blanketed in white against the bright blue sky but I'm getting a little antsy for some plant life.

I've started with Bella's Bestest paper, Memento Tuxedo black ink and my copics. I did add some additional shading to the image with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol and to give Bella some green grass to play in. I also added some shading around the edges of the image with VersaMagic Wheat chalk ink sponged on while the oval image panel was still in my Nestie die. Base cardstock is Neenah Classic Crest solar white, colored cardstock is Prism. Design paper is from the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker 8x8 paper pad which I bought from Stamping Bella as soon as I saw it go online. You can find lots of great new papers listed under the What's New tab. There are some new October Afternoon papers and some yummy Echo Park lines available right now.

Classic and Big Scalloped Oval dies from Spellbinders helped me with my image panel while a corner punch helped me trim the corners. The scallopped border was cut using a MFT die-namic. I have a new stash of seam binding ribbon that I've scrunched up to give the shabby chic look and it fit right in for the bow here. The center pearl came from Hobby Lobby. It was a great big bag and I'm sorry but the label is long gone. The pearls along the border are by Kaiser Craft. I know Mr. Postman hates when I put these on my cards but I can't help myself they finish the look off to me.

I've borrowed the layout from Kerry Johnson. Ever scan through your favorite blogs and something catches your eye enough to bookmark it? Well this layout called to me. You can checkout Kerry's card here.

Have you been working with Ebru's fantastic layout for this week's Bellariffic Friday challenge? In case you missed it here it is again. This was such fun to work with. I have my card done and I'll share with you that it celebrates yet one more spring holiday. I feel like I'm on a mission this week. You still have time to make a card and send it to Emily@stampingbella.com to have it showcased on the Bella Blog. So get moving and I'll see you back here tomorrow.

Ciao for now and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

4 comments:

Dana White said...

Cath this is so sweet - love this image & need to get mine inked up before Mar 17!!

Anonymous said...

Love the coordinating paper, Cath. And the coloring is fantastic ... as always! Too bad I wasn't Irish ... you could send the card to me. hehe :)

Maggie Herrington said...

That is so adorable! TFS Cath *wink*

paula tracy williamson said...

Love your layout and all the scallops, so fun and festive and ready the celebrate that "green". Hehe, I was watching Gilmore Girls and thought of you...Gilmore.....