Friday, February 11, 2011

Circles abound

Happy Bellariffic Friday! Did you get to play along with us this week? I loved the idea of a circle card. I must admit that I have never made one before but with all the Spellbinders Nestabilities out there, they made light work of the task.

I started my card last week. Had the darn thing all done even and then my niece McKenzie sent me her card for the Valentine challenge. Seems we had picked the same image and had even colored it in exactly the same way. Hmpf! She thought it would be great 'cause you would all think that I copied her since her card was posted last week. So, I set about making another card.

I've decided to share both with you so you get a double...first up is Beee Mine Huggabugg

and now Circus Seal with sentiment...
Which one do you prefer? For each of them I used multiple Nesties to make the cirles. The card base was also made using a Nestie but I folded my paper in half and let the die go over the edge of the fold so that it would remain one piece and not two circles. You know that I started out with Bella's Bestest paper, Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored with Copics. You have probably guessed that I added some shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. I also added glitter to both cards using the Quickie Glue pen to apply it.

The Mini-Bella's played along this week too. McKenzie has Tennibella to share. I sent this stamp to her for Christmas this year since she loves to play. It's the tiniest Bella I have ever seen and was perfect for her to work into a circle card. Notice how this Babe is branching out and also added a paperpieced dress? Wowser - McKenz, this is fabulous!


Madison shares Animals-Bunny. This made me smile and think of spring when I saw it. Great job with the coloring and I love her homemade sentiment too.


Next week's challenge is a sketch by our own super talented videobabe - Ebru.

It looks easy right? Won't you find the time to give it a try? Just remember to send a photo of your creation to Emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday night. You might be the lucky winner of $20 in Bella bucks for participating. If you don't have the time to play - head to the Bella Blog to see all the other creations and leave a comment. Emily loves to hear from you. There's $10 in Bella Bucks up for grabs to one commentor.

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

4 comments:

Kerri said...

love them all..grt job girlies..thks for sharing..tootles

The Spotted Chick said...

Holy COW Cath!! You're blowin me away!! And here I was complaining this was a hard challenge and you just keep 'em coming! *sigh* I love 'em ALL!
Chicken

Dana White said...

Cath I can't pick they are both so sweet - like Chicken I was complaining (really more whining from me) about making 1 circle card & you made 2!!

LOVE the girls card - I can't believe there's a bella to fit in a circle card!! Can't wait to see what they do with the sketch

Swildman said...

Love the shape of the cards the little seal is way to cute great job as always!