Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Garden of friends...

Have you ever had a week that everything you touch seems to take forever? I've been fighting a cold and feel like I'm moving in slow motion. I've attempted to make a few cards and I like the coloring and layout ideas and then when I get it all together I sit back and say, "really?" That's not what I expected. In that train of thought I share with you a card I made with a Stamping Bella image that I don't have a name for. A while back, Emily included some free items in your order and this was one of the ones I received. It's a lovely bouquet of flowers but I don't have a name for you. There is a section in her shop for flowers though and you might find a current image there to use. I've ordered some of the new releases (Posie Pixie, Flutterby, and Scribble Garden) and can't wait to get them to use for Spring cards, Sympathy or Mother's Day. Just saying!



You know I'm trying to use supplies so this card is totally unlike me. I went with purples and soft yellow and then muddied the yellow with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink while the paper was still in the Nestie Square and Label 16 die. The sentiment was computer generated - I read it each day on a plaque I bought from Sothern Living. I had an aha moment and thought it would look great with this image. Then I remembered this card that Amy Sheffer made and thus the layout was born. I did add some machine stitching and used soft yellow brads from Close to My Heart that I've had for 3 years now. You've got it, and I've never touched them before. They are a little too soft in the picture but in person they add a nice touch.

Cardstock is AC Cardstock and design paper is Basic Grey Kioshi. For my image I stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink onto Bella's Bestest paper and colored with my copics. A thin satin ribbon by May Arts is the only other adornment.

I hope you've got your Valentine Card ready for this week's Bellariffic Friday challenge. I'll see you back here tomorrow with mine.

Ciao!

Cath

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it, Cath. It's simple, yet sophisticated. The sentiment is perfect!