Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mumu sways your way..

Helle Everyone! Hope you all had a great week. Can't believe how quickly they fly by. For today's post, I have another Mo Manning digital image. Mary Maxim will be stocking this from Stampavie in a photopolymer clear stamp.



Meet Mumu. Isn't she darling? She was fun to color as well. This is going to be the card for my April Copic's classes at Mary Maxim. I finished her up yesterday and made a quick stop to find some coordinating papers. Loved what I was able to find. The DP is from TCP Studio's Mediterranean Summer collection titled Whitewash. It's double sided and has vibrant oranges and soft blues. I thought it brought out the colors in my image beautifully. What do you think? Of course, I'd have preferred to have the paper first to coordinate with my Copics but I did this one in reverse and it worked out just fine.

My theme for this class is "Blender gets a workout". I'd like to demonstrate new techniques as we explore the versatility of copics. This class will be all about using the blender pen. I layed lots of color down and then softened it to white in places to give you a weathered fabric feel. I also used the blender to soften the shading of the gound beneath Mumu's feet. And I even shaded the silk flower to match my copic colors and again added the blender pen so that the blue "ran" at the center.

The embellishments came together by accident as I was trying out different layouts. I had pulled some precut nesties shapes (rejects from previous layouts) and the Fluer De Lis pendant jumped out at me. I added a gemstone center to the flower and raised this on dimensionals. The center blue strip was cut with a Friskars punch.

Mary Maxim will be carrying Mo's new photopolymer stamps from the Stampavie line. They should be in stock soon and I bet they'll be as popular as they are in digital form.

I can't wait to get this off to Brenda so that she can post the copic color list. This should be a real fun class.

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

No comments: