Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Basket



Well another week has flown by and it's actually been two since I posted. We took a quick little trip to Maryland last weekend to see my sissy for her birthday and then on down to Richmond, VA to visit with my daughter and brother. The weather was gorgeous and put me into a Spring fever mode. 76 sure beats 40!

I thought coloring this little basket would improve my mood from the dreary, rainy weather of Michigan. This stamp is from Impression Obsession and is a rubber cling. Lizzy had them in her studio and I just had to scarf it up. Lizzy and I spent the day together yesterday heading to Livonia to visit Scrappin and Stampin which is in liquidation mode. Yes, another local shop is heading out. :( This was the shop Justin sent me to to take Paula Tracy's pencil coloring class in January. How sad is that...I just found it and then they close? Anyway, Paula is still going to be teaching but now she will be doing it in small classes at her home. I'm signed up for the May 1st classes. Whoo Hoo.

Ok, sorry, I digress. Back to the card. I decided to bring out my pencils, stubs and gamsol to shade this up. Mostly because I tried with my Copics first and I didn't like the way it turned out. My second try with Prismacolor pencils gave me alot more depth and shading. I used DP from an 8x8 paper pack by October Afternoon titled Ducks in a Row that I bought on my first excursion to Scrappin and Stampin. I backed it up with Prisma cardstock that I bought on clearance this weekend. The sentiment is also by Impression Obsession. I distressed the panel with Versa Magic Pink Petunia chalk ink. The saphire rhinestones are by Kaisercraft. I liked the way they had a small silver border. It dressed them up a bit! The ribbon is Offray from my summer Mary Maxim clearance buyout. (Still have about 100 yards of it so you might be seeing it for awhile. Te He)

Note that I used Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles as a border to the main image panel.

That's it. Have a wonderful week. If you celebrate Easter, I hope your preparations and festivities go smoothly. The DH still doesn't have his passport back so we'll be staying in Michigan. Some wonderful friends have adopted us and have invited us to share their meal. We'll miss our usual gatherings, but we're thankful for the offer and are looking forward to the new tradition.

Love Ya,
Cath

No comments: