Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wedding Wishes



Ok, I made this card this past weekend. The DH needed a card for a co-worker so I set out to make him one. I wanted to try a monotone color scheme to keep the look simple yet elegant. I also added lots of shimmery paper to dress it up but it doesn't show very well in the picture. If you click on the image you can enlarge it and see the detail better.

Now onto the details, I started with Neenah Columbia Crest Solar White cardstock, added a silver metallic layer and a layer of shimmery DP from DCWV called The Luxury Stack. I backed this layer with another piece of white cardstock that I imprinted with the Martha Stewart Embossing Scallop punch and then wrapped it with an ivory satin ribbon bow. The image panel was layered with the Nestabilities Classic large and small ovals and raised using dimensionals. The sentiment is from the SU! Wonderful Words set. I finished this off with four silver Dew Drops. Not so hard, right?

Here's a peak at the inside...



I started with the DCWV DP and then added my sentiment panel using a wooden stamp from My Sentiments Exactly. I likely picked this up from Hobby Lobby when they had a 50% off stamp sale. I topped this panel off with Kaiser mini pearls. Not alot of coloring or stamping but I think this would be a great on hand card so I quickly made another. That's almost a rule I follow - while the paper is all out and I have a sample to quickly measure, I make another.

I have some interesting stamps to share with you soon. I picked them up at the Heirloom Rubber Stamp Convention in Novi, MI a few weeks ago. I had never been to a stamp convention but I'll tell you that it was fun to do make and takes, see new techniques and buy paper crafting supplies on sale and in front of you. I like to touch and see the products and try them and this was a great opportunity to do so. Novi is about 1 1/2 hours from me so it wasn't a bad drive. Actually it was just a little further than my old commute to Southfield. I actually cringed while I drove through 696 especially since 4 lanes were reduced to 1. I cringed thinking what that morning commute would be like today. I'm so thankful that I'm not doing that any longer.

One of my newest additions to the craft room was a stash of Flower Soft. I tried it out at the Impression Obsession booth and loved the way it gave life to the flowers on my image. I can't wait to start creating using this fun product.

So...be on the lookout for some new projects coming soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cath

No comments: