Saturday, August 22, 2009

Life deserves a Woo Hoo...



I saw this dress sentiment stamp at the Novi Rubber Stamp convention I went to earlier this month and just had to have it. My friend Sue saw me eyeing it and told me she already had it. She also offered to share it with me so I could make a few impressions - how great is that? I just loved this sentiment. I think it should be our mantra and speaks volumes about not only going outside our comfort zone - but doing so with pleasure and loving life! A few people immediately came to mind as to who I could share it with...some as inspiration, some as birthday sentiments.

Anywhooo, I needed a sketch and headed over to iheart2stamp to see what Jen had for this week's SFYTT (that's sketch for you to try). I always check her out on Saturday but haven't had the time to participate. This week's sketch I thought worked great with my long sentiment panel so I sought out some papers to make this work. I pulled out the K&Company Wild Saffron Designer Paper as well as some K&Company embellishments that I found eons ago and never found the right project for. I thought the colors blended nicely here and also added glitter and bling. What girl doesn't like that combination in a greeting?



Anyway, notice that I changed the sketch up just a little because the original used two designer papers where I have the brown patch and ribbon. It just looked too busy with the big sentiment panel and I felt the ribbon "tied" it together much better.

Here's a peek inside where I used some scraps from the front background paper and my Deckled Rectangle Nestabilites to create a sentiment panel. Since the butterfly showed on the DP I added a dimensional butterfly from the kit and drew on antenae.




Here's a look at the same card in red.



Again, I used K&Company embellishments and Wild Saffron DP. You'll notice here that they are again a perfect match. Can you catch the red paisley in the lower right corner of the DP? It mirrors the embellishment - a red and blue paisley! I finally found a use for these guys Woo Hoo! I used a tag from the embellishment kit here for the inside of the card...



A few blue brads from The Paper Studio brings all the colors together as well as a bump up flower to enhance the flower that came on the tag.

Why don't you try giving this sketch a try yourself and see what you come up with? Then head on over to Jen's blog to see what everyone else has done.

Hope you are enjoying the rest of your weekend.

Thanks for looking!

Cath


Card Details:

Stamp: "Woo Hoo" Dress by Paula Best
Ink: Sentiment: Memento Tuxedo Black and Water Color pencils, Close to Cocoa to distress with dauber
Paper: K&Company Wild Saffron DP, Bazzil plain cardstock
Accessories: Offray ribbon, K&Company flower embellishments, Nestabilities long rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies, dimensionals, Aqua Pen, corner punch

2 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

I really like that stamp! It's perfect for the sketch! Awesome cards!

ScrappyLin said...

These are great, Cath. I love the paper and the saying is just too cute.