Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's a Bikababebella...




So excited, I just got some new Stamping Bellas delivered and I just had to ink them up. The first one I tried is Bikababebella and I think she is just too cute. I colored her up with Copics using a few tips I picked up at the Rubber stamp convention. I always started with the lightest color and then highlighted with a darker color, then came back to blend with the lighter color. The ladies showed me to color dark and then push color out with a lighter color. It worked! I've admired so many artists for their ability to bring depth to their colored images and I'm trying to develope mine.

On to the card, after coloring my image on Neenah Columbia Crest Solar White paper, I used my Nestabilites rectangles to cut her out. The DP is Basic Grey Urban Prairie. The colored card stock is Bazzil. The border punch is from Fiskars and the wired ribbon is from Offray. My sentiment is also from Stamping Bella.

I think Bella looks ready to take on the world in her own free spirited way! Wish I was confident enough to comandeer a bike on my own. For now, I'm content to let my DH block a good wind and I get to enjoy the ride. Speaking of which, it's finally cooled down a bit here and we're hoping to take our bike out tomorrow. I'm still hoping to get some card time in - I have a few more Bellas to play with.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend and I'll be back before you know it.

Love Ya,
Cath

1 comment:

ScrappyLin said...

I absolutely love it. The Urban Prairie (one of my all time favorite paper lines) looks great with this stamp. Your coloring is superb, especially on the bike.