Sunday, April 19, 2009

A productive weekend...

Hello everyone!

I hope you were able to enjoy some sun and warmer weather. Saturday was just gorgeous here. We hit the gardens and DH did our first round of fertilizer for the year. As much as I wanted to get into my craftroom to create - I was loving the sun and fresh air. I decided that since Sunday was forcast for cooler overcast weather I would have to wait to create until then.

I was up bright and early and made yet another Mother's Day card to send on to Spirit Works. My inspiration was a card I found on Amy Sheffer's site - Pickled Paper Designs this weekend. I changed the colors and stamped images but kept the layout. Check it out...



I started with Periwinkle cardstock from Archiver's and added Kaiser DP because it incorporated the periwinkle in the flowers. I liked the way it brought in some cheery yellow and bright red as well. I stamped the butterfly from the Verve Thankful Blossoms set using Brillance Perlescent Yellow ink and added the Mother's Day sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black. With the help of my Nestabilities dies, I cut the circle and scalloped circle. I finished with the Friskars Lace border punch and satin ribbon I found at Mary Maxim.

I flipped the colors from the front inside...




I had another card to share that I know I took a picture of but it's gone now. Since I've packed all the cards to send to Michelle tomorrow I'll have to make another to show you. Hang tight - I think you'll like it. It was a real easy card and yet it was classic and sharp using Pink Passion ink and black accents on white cardstock.

Stay tuned and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

3 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful! Love that dp and how you did your ribbons!! Thanks for the link, too :)

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, I love the dp. Is that new? I haven't seen it.

Crafty Cath said...

Hey Lin, I bought the DP at Lizzie's shop by the sheet. It's by Kaiser scrapbook and is called Tudor P102 Piccadilly.