Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Seize the cupcake!

Hello folks! If you've followed me for a bit then you've heard my rantings about loving cupcakes. Stamping Bella carries quite a few images for the the cupcake lover and one of my favorites is Izzie with a Cherry on Top designed by Cristy Croll.

Now I must confess that I cased this card, the design that is. I'm inspired by many things - in the places I visit, cruising blogs, store windows and magazines. The paper and layout design for this caught my eye as I was checking out ex-Bella Babe Jeannie - The Spotted Chick's blog. I really liked the tall layout and the mix of October Afternoon papers which I happened to have.

So I stamped Izzie onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored her with copics. The cupcake was topped with glitter to give the impression of ultra fine sugar and the cherry was given a glaze with a clear Sakura Glaze pen. Prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol were added for surround shading. The sentiment was computer generated and cut using Nestie Petite Ovals. Red brads, a grossgrain ribbon, along with black machine stitching are additional embellishments.

I hope you'll find this inspiring too! And thanks Jeannie for giving me such a wonderful design!

Enjoy your week!

Cath

2 comments:

Kerri said...

love your card it is great!!I love this image Izzie's are one of my fav's..

Leslie said...

Sweet little Izzie! Again with the gorgeous bow!!