Friday, September 7, 2012

Even Cinderella Gets Married...


Happy Bellariffic Friday folks! I have another non-traditional wedding card to share with you. And in all honesty I have to tell you it didn't come out like I had hoped. We have a fall wedding to attend and it's for another young couple. The bride is a college roomie of our daughters and they have a fetish for princesses. My initial thought was fall colors and an opportunity to use Stamping Bella image Stella's Chariot. Eek - I don't see the image in the shop anymore though. Oh drat!

I had a vision after seeing a frame painted on the side of a building. With my inspiration I set out to bring it to life. I started building the frame using Authentique Enchanted dp and a new Sizzix die (finds on my adventure out west - what's a vacation without a trip to the local paper crafting store). Anyhoo, I built the frame and then stamped the image onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored with a combination of copics and prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. I then applied glitter using a Quickie Glue pen. The bottom of the frame was cut using the Tim Holtz "On the Edge" die. I loved the ornate flourish and layered the paper to give it additional interest. I then hand cut some paper flowers using additional patterns from the dp and centered them with Kaiser flat backed pearls. The sentiment comes with the image and I thought it was perfect for my Cinderella gets married theme.

Since this week's challenge was a sketch I had some parameters to meet. And I have to admitt that I loved everything about this card until I went and put the paper, rhinestones and ribbon in the upper left hand corner. I don't know - it seems to clutter it up a bit. But glue and tape were against me and I'm stuck with it. Give me your honest feedback - what do you think?

Want to play along with us next week and have a try for some Bella Bucks? Simply make a card or project using a Stamping Bella image and add buttons or bows. Pretty easy - eh? Don't forget to send a photo of your creation to Emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday night. Now hop on over to the Bella blog to see what the rest of the sistahs have created.

Enjoy your weekend.

Cath

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Cath, you definitely brought this to life. I absolutely love it. From your colouring, the framework, right down to the flowers - perfection!

Carla Murphy said...

Cath this is a beauty! Love the colouring & sparkle of the pumpkin. Love that sizzix die! Lovely wedding card Cath... non-traditional or not, you nailed it again. 8)

Amy Sheffer said...

I love this SOOOO much, Cath! It stopped me in my tracks while skimming through my Reader!What an adorable image, and the frame shape makes it! I didn't even notice the "stuff' in the corner until I read through your post. The image, frame shape, and flower trio are what caught my eye. So no, I don't think it clutters the card, but I think it would look awesome either way! Maybe the corner detail even helps draw the eye to the image?

Leslie said...

It's a keeper Cath! I love the frame and the diamond pattern paper and I don't think the top bit clutters at all - you were true to the sketch, like a good BellaBabe! :) And seriously, you hand cut those flowers?! Amazing!!

Mary J said...

gorgeous colouring as usual Cath! I think it's such a fab layout and the corner is just fine - think it would be a bit plain with out it!