Friday, August 17, 2012

Cupcakes are in!

I don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods but cupcakes have become the "in" thing around here. There are quite a few bakeries that have opened by us that are dedicated to cupcakes. Personally I love them! They're a few bites of luciousness and then you can move on to the next flavorfull medley. This image titled Cupcake Thief and designed by Mo Manning to be released in rubber through Stamping Bella had me wishing my birthday would come a little quicker. And since this week's challenge is Birthday's - it was a winner!

I started by stmaping the image onto Bella's Bestest paper and colored with copics. As you can see, I then cut the image out and placed it onto a panel cut with Nestie Petite Ovals dies - large and small. I then distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Tea Dye and finished it off with machine stitching. The design paper is a combination of October Afternoon - the yellow is Farmhouse and the green is Campfire. They were matted with kraft colored Bazzil cardstock. The sentiment is also by Stamping Bella and was cut using the edge of a Nestie Labels 25 die. A bright green ribbon and twine adorned button finish it off. I did add some glitter to her wings and mask and some Clear Glaze pen to the cherry and stars on top of the cupcakes. You'd better protect your cupcakes or you never know who will come stealing by.


Next week we're back with another sketch challenge. Give this a try and send a photo of your creation to Emilly@stampingbella.com by Thursday night to be included in the Friday blog lineup and a chance for some Bella Bucks. Just want some inspiration, head on over to the blog and leave a comment - Em loves to hear from you and she gives away $10 each week to one lucky commentor.

I have a packed weekend ahead. Some family from home stopping in and dropping off their puppy for us to dogsit while they enjoy the lovely Catskill mountains, a party on Saturday and a trip to NYC on Sunday to see some of our Michigan friends. Enjoy yourselves and I'll see ya back here real soon.

Cath

5 comments:

Mary J said...

Oh that is brilliant, Cath! I love the layout and sentiment!

Dana White said...

Cath this is so cute. I swear I had this image in my hand then changed my mind at the last minute! And the distress ink looks awesome my friend

Leslie said...

Another beauty! Your shading, details, paper and that bow!!! Oooooh! Enjoy your weekend especially the puppy sitting :)

Carla Murphy said...

Wow - what a great job you did with this Cath, such great colouring & shading and love your layout - you rocked it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cath, this card is beautiful You did a great job selecting the colors and the shading is to die for. Are ya getting some cupcakes ready for your b-day??? It's only a few weeks away! :)