Sunday, April 29, 2012

Reach for the stars...

I have a quick and easy card for you today. I've colored up Mabel is reaching for the stars from Stamping Bella's latest release. What a cutie she is and she's very easy to color up. I even had an easy time on the layout after quick scouting out Angela Thomas' blog. I've somewhat adapted this weeks ISSC. With the big image, I thought the use of tiny strips of dp would be just enough to add a splash of color.

So I stamped Mabel onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink and immediately was able to get to coloring her. That's the main reason I love this combo...no waiting for the ink to dry before applying my copics. And this was so easy that I didn't even add any pencil shading. But I did add some glitter to the stars using my Quickie Glue pen.

Design paper is from the Lime Twist Out of the Blue 6x6 pack from My Mind's Eye. No stitching today either, but I did add some lemon twist twine and topped it with a red star button. The twine is from Jillybean Soup and the button was from a large holiday pack I found at JoAnn's.

Tada..that's it. Quick, easy and full of inspiration with the included sentiment that I applied using the stamp-a-ma-jig. I used to try to eyeball it but I was always saying dangit! Now I get the image exactly where I want it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. We're off to play in the mountains with our bikes today. Come on sun!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cath

2 comments:

Mary J said...

Oh, I lvoe this Cath! Such a clever use of space and your colouring is gorgeous!!

Dana White said...

Oh my friend she is so sweet - the shading in her hair is stunning!!!