Friday, April 20, 2012

Ramona takes to the skies...

Happy Bellariffic Friday folks! This week we had another great sketch from Ebrubella. I've loved having more sketches - have you? It takes so much fretting out of the card making. So armed with the sketch, I set out to color. I'm in a Ramona mood so I pulled another Stamping Bella new release stamp called Ramona and Teddy in their Balloon. Perfect for a pick me up or as a baby card depending on how you color. I went the new baby route. With the awesome polka dots, I choose dp with big polka dots too.

First I stamped Ramona onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink. I then colored the image with copics and added depth and surround shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. I also added Antique linen Tim Holtz Distress Ink to the edges of the image panel. This is the first card I've made in a long time that I didn't use a Nestie on. I did however use a Memory Box die to cut out the clouds. I've altered the sketch just a little by omitting one of the layers because the image is a little big and I wanted it to take center stage...well that and I didn't want to hide the polka dot dp.

Speaking of, I used K&Company DP - Small Wonders Boy and matted with Bazzil paper. A seam binding ribbon topped with a hemp bow and buttons were the only other embellishment. Well do you count machine stitching as an embellishment? hehe. Perhaps I shouldn't write this so late on Thursday night!

Next week we challenge you to use flowers on your card - paper, silk, fabric, or maybe in the image or on the design paper. It's almost May so show us your flowers. Link up your image to SCS using keyword BELLARIFFIC1612. And don't forget to head to the Bella blog and leave Emily some love. She so enjoys hearing from you and you never know, you might be the lucky winner of some Bella Bucks.

Happy weekend folks!

Thanks for stopping by,
Cath

4 comments:

Mary J said...

Just gorgeous Cath! I love your take on that sketch - I wish I had had the time to use it this week!

Ebru Vatansever said...

OMG girl this card is to stinking CUTE !!!! I love the clouds and the colour tones. Stunning as always !!

Dana White said...

How funny with all the choices we so often pick the same image! The clouds add so much to this image
Your card is GORJUS!!!

Pauline said...

Speaking of same choices, I almost did this ones as well! Gorgeous Cath!
Love the clouds, it certainly adds dimension to your card, and love that paper- I love polkadots!