Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Friends United

Hello Folks! Hope you're enjoying your week so far. It's gotten a little cooler here again - more like spring should be. I wanted to share a card I made over the weekend. I was looking through my stash of rubber and realized that I had never colored up this image called Friends United from Stamping Bella. I fell in love with all the quirky and funky outfits and only hope I did some justice in my fashion sense.

I started with my favorite Bella's Bestest paper, Memento Tuxedo black ink and copics. I then added lots of shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. You'll also find some Black Glaze pen working one of those sets of boots. I've added sparkle with rhinestone swirls in the lower right and upper left corners. I thought the heart border punch from EK Success added another element to highlight a best friend. A double sided satin ribbon bow topped with a button tied with hemp cording found its way onto the card too! I would much rather top a button off than leave it plain. And of course I love machine stitching too!

I'm still working on my Easter/Spring themed card for this weeks Bellariffic Friday challenge. Hope you've found some time to play along with us too! And did you see that the latest Bella Release with freebies sale is available through Wednesday. Don't know about you but I can't wait for some new rubber to make it's way to Cath's house.

Thanks for stopping by. See ya back here soon, ok?

Cath

4 comments:

Dana White said...

Oh my friend this is fabulous I love this image!! The shading is off the wall awesome

Leslie said...

How fun is this card?! Look at those knobbly knees and fantastic footwear! Cute!!

Mary J said...

That is so wonderful Cath, it put a bit smile on my face! Gorgeous colourway!

Kerri said...

Justice you have served love the card it is great this for sharing