Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Country Howdy

It's hard to resist a country feel when you grab the new Miss Caroline Dilly Dally design paper from MME. And with that feel I was compelled to color Green Bean Baby - Jamie by Stamping Bella. Now it's hard to not pick an image that another Babe hasn't done. Most times we're on the same page and create using the same image on the same day. Jamie is a little like that. Fellow Bella Babe Linda colored this a few weeks back and I was like seriously because she was already on my desk with the paper and sketch. But I was so excited to try some new techniques that I kept going.

I loved Karen Giron's SSSC 153 so much that I decided to use it again. With paper, sketch and image chosen I had some coloring to do. So I stamped Jamie onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo balck ink. Coloring was done with Copics. The grass was added using prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. i tried something totally new for me. I wanted Jamie to be larger than the circle image panel. Having never attempted to use my Nesties on an image that extended outside the die I gave it a try. It was very easy. I actually used Linda's tuitorial here. Now I don't have to cut my whole image out and place it on top again. Woo Hoo.

The next new technique I tried was to make handmade felt flowers without a special die. I headed to You Tube and watched a couple videos, gave it a try and decided it was very easy. Just cut a small felt circle and then cut into it creating a big spiral. Roll it up and tack glue as you go. I was thrilled with the result.

We've had some glorious weather here and they are predicting 65 degrees all week. So excited for Spring.

Enjoy your week!

Cath

6 comments:

Dana White said...

Cath she is stinking cute!!! LOVE the flowers I can't believe you made them yourself. I must go watch the tutorial as I always paper piece to have my image extend outside the nestie
Enjoy the nice weather - we're having higher then norm temps right now too; hopefully it lasts

AtStudioD said...

Very pretty card.... love the layout and colors. Might scrap-lift it. =)

TFS.

x0, Damaris

Leslie said...

Oh she is SO sweet! Her hair is fantastic and I love those flower that you made yourself!!! Going to watch that video now - thanks for the link. Enjoy your spring weather week!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Image love those felt Roses Cath I like your style I am following Hugs Elaine

Tanya said...

Oh, I just love your card! I love the first new technique you tried, so cute! The rolled flowers are so pretty, mine don't turn out as pretty, lol. Beautiful coloring as always!

paula tracy williamson said...

OMG!! I LOVE her fun roses and the layout and the paper! She is awesome...I may need to use the layout myself!