Monday, November 15, 2010

Jinglebella..

I have another Holiday card to share with you today. I've been on a roll trying to build my stash and have some sample cards for Mary Maxim. I made this once twice since I had all the supplies out...one is on display at Mary Maxim and one is heading to one of my girls.


I started with Bella's Bestest paper and Memento Tuxedo black ink 'cause I wanted to use my copics and other than the small section of ground under her feet and around the star, I didn't add shading with prismapencils - only copics. The Christmas tree does have a little hint of yellow Spica glitter pen on the star and the garland swirls. But I did adhere lots of glitter over liquid pearls so that the fur would sparkle and shine. Jinglebella girls just love to have purty shinny fur!

Here's a closeup...

The satin ribbon comes from my Grandma Soporito stash...that was my very creative Grandma that hoarded every ribbon, twine, button or possible embellishment around. When she passed away her treasures were distibuted to the children and grandchildren that wanted such trinkets. I have a huge supply and treasure the opportunity I get to share a piece of Grandma once again with someone in the family. Just keeps sharing all her love all over again! Ok - sorry - I digressed. I also added a Martha Stewart snowflake punched from Stamping Up! Ruby Red cardstock. The sentiment is a Bella and I punched it out with the Stampin Up! Window word punch. Red rhinestones were added to the upper right corner. The plaid design paper was a scrap from last years hoard...so I have no idea where it came from.

That's it! Quick and easy. And see Jessica, it's another blonde bella just like you.

Hope you can play with my sketch challenge for this week's Bellariffic Friday challenge. I've taken away the stress of thinking of the layout so give it a try.

Have a great week!

Cath

5 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card !!!!! The plaid paper is perfect and the image is adorable. Nice coloring Cath. I gotta get me that word punch from stampin up. Have a great week.

Hugs,

Dana White said...

The glitter on her is awesome - love the sentiment over the snowflake; must remember this! what colours did you use for her blonde hair?!

Pauline said...

Cath, what a fabulous card!! Great coloring, and love all the glitter! Just an overall fun card! Great job.

Anonymous said...

Love the fact that Grandma Sop can still put a smile to our faces. She'd be so proud of your designs, Cath!

Anonymous said...

O M G, this is amazing! Love her glitter outfit!